Sunday, 9 December 2012

Handkerchief Fold Card

Hi everyone,

It has been quite a busy week preparing for a couple of Christmas fairs so I have only just got around to finishing off a project that I started at my upline Teri's training last weekend!  I had created the main part of the card on the day with the help of Wendy and Teri (my folding went a bit astray to start with!!), and just had the final decorating to do.  I used the simply scored tool with the diagonal scoring plate to create the folds needed on a piece of 8" x 8" cherry cobbler card.  Then following Teri's instructions I was able to fold the card into it's handkerchief shape...


The parts were decorated with be of good cheer DSP, cut into triangles from squares of 4 1/2 cm x 4 1/2 cm.  When opened out it looks like this...


The centre was created using the Evergreen stamp set that is currently available from the Autumn/Winter catalogue.  First the block tree was stamped in gumball green, then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig (which thanks to Teri I now find an invaluable tool!) I overstamped the word tree using cherry cobbler.  Finally the outline tree was stamped in versamark and heat embossed using iridescent ice.  Here is a closer picture...


I really enjoyed creating this card and will be ordering a simply scored tool soon so that I can have another go at creating this and other fancy fold cards and boxes.

If you would like to order any of these products or any other Stampin'Up! goodies then please feel free to contact me...

Jane Brown - Independent Stampin'Up! demonstrator
(01983) 520787 OR 07917669062
janeiow.brown@talktalk.net

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment